Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Author Georgina Merry


~~~How my Love of Writing Began~~~
I wrote my first story when I was six. It was about a little girl who encounters the ghost of another girl. I folded the paper to make it look like a book & ensured it was fully illustrated. My Mum suggested I take it into school for my teacher to read. I had no friends at primary school, I was a little too different for the others to accept me. I suppose the tea
cher saw my potential, or perhaps she was just kind hearted. Either way, she was the only one I spoke to. She was so impressed with my wee story that she read it aloud to the class, kindly ignoring my spelling errors. It was well received by my classmates, those who wanted nothing to do with me. It was to be the beginning of my journey into writing. It is a moment in my life that I will always remember.
 Georgina's debut book: The Ferryman's Wife     

A spoilt heiress is propelled into a dark world of lost souls where she is taken prisoner by powerful being known only as The Ferryman. Lady Madeline Farrington has what most girls want: money, beauty and a string of handsome and wealthy admirers. From a young age she's had everything she asked for. Getting what she wants has become an expectation. At sixteen both her and her cousin are of age, and are welcomed into adult society at The Duke of Angledin's ball. There she meets the mysterious and enigmatic Laurie de Bufort. She decides that she wants him too, even if it means hurting her cousin and best friend, Celia. But Madeline is about to learn that having everything you want can be dangerous, and that knowing Laurie de Bufort comes at a terrible price...

You can preview chapters 1-3 on her blog.Warning you will be hooked the minute you start reading it! I will have my review up tonight or tomorrow so check back for my comments and thoughts on this captivating story!
You can checkout Georgina and her book here:


No comments:

Post a Comment