Saturday, January 19, 2013

* Interview with Author and Blogger Emily Goodwin*

As part of Bloggers Love Blogger by the Awesome Tamara Beard, I had a chance to do my very first Interview with  Emily Goodwin.You can check out her blog and info on her books here.



Interview Questions:
~ What made you wan to start blogging?
I wanted to have a place where I could connect with fans. I post info about my books (and sometimes my life in general) including stuff like giveaways, contests, current works in progress, and release dates. It's fun to get comments and feedback from readers!

~ What is favorite mythical/paranormal creature ?
Witches. I've always loved magic and the world witches live in. I love reading/writing about the magical drama and trouble witches can get in and I also love how witches have power; I'm definitely a fan of powerful female characters. I grew up watching Charmed; I was convinced that if I practiced enough I could develop telekinetic powers like Prue Halliwell. I have been a witch for Halloween more times than not, and everything magical fascinates me. I think it would be so fun to own and manage a New Age store!

~ Do you rather read YA or Adult?
As long as the story is interesting and the main character (if a female) isn't whinny and wimpy, I don't really have a preference. I've noticed I'm usually drawn to YA covers more, for some reason that I can't really explain.

~ What is something unique about yourself?
I never wear matching socks. For as long as I've been able to dress myself, I've purposely mismatched my socks.

~ Who is your favorite book boyfriend?
Oh gosh, I can only pick one! Well then I'm going to be super lame and say Ethan Bailey from my series The Guardian Legacies. I created him perfectly! (*laughs evil laugh*)

~ Do you have any New Year's Resolutions? If yes,what?
Yes, I have a few. One of my top goals is to finish The Contagium Series. I'm about halfway done writing book #3, which is still untitled, and I plan on diving right into book #4 as soon as I finish. I was able to write two books in 2012 while being a full time nursing student, so this year I'd like to try and write 3 books. I would also like to be more organized...again! I make this resolution every year!

~ What is one thing you will remember about 2012?
I will definitely remember working my butt off to write two books while going to school for 40+ hours a week. It was hard and at times I wanted to give up and focus on one thing at a time. I will definitely remember the feelings of satisfaction and accomplishment of sticking to it and getting everything done! (And of course graduating school lol)

~ What is your favorite color? 
Yellow. It's bright and cheery and happy. My living room is a (golden) shade of yellow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment